Life begins anew at Paddington station, an alternative to the acute care setting for respirator-dependent children. Within the comfortable home-like atmosphere of this licensed foster home, dedicated staff members strive to give children individual love and attention and the chance to be part of a special family. Paddington Station provides 24 hour continuous care by registered nurses and LPN’s.
Why Paddington station?
The primary goal of Paddington Station is to provide for the total needs of the children in the least restrictive environment and help each child achieve his or her maximum potential. A highly qualified professional staff utilizes all available community resources to give families the professional support they need for a child who cannot be cared for at home. Parents and families are encouraged to become part of Paddington Station’s activities.
Who is eligible?
• Are less than 18 years of age.
• Require skilled care, but are considered medically stable.
• Are placed through an authorized supervising agency.
• Have achieved maximum benefit in an acute care facility.
• Are generally expected to remain respirator dependent indefinitely.
• Have been medically reviewed and accepted for continuation of care by a Green Bay pediatrician.
• Paddington Station can be used for both transitional and long-term placement.